Friday, August 29, 2008

Aug 29th... a monumental day in history...ok, and some shout outs to birthdays!

So what if Michael Jackson turns 50 today? Never mind that Barack Obama just became the first African American who's been nominated for President of the U.S. Put down those nail guns and boards, Louisiana...Gustav won't be there until Monday....(heartless, I know...sorry...I'm just being a bit sarcastic here...) But the big news is that Johnny Depp and his high school band "The Kids" are playing at Club Cinema tonight and tomorrow in Pompano Beach Florida.

I'm an 80's girl. Bands like The Clash, The Romantics, etc. had their LPs spinning on my record player. The Kids were just one of those punky rock bands from South Florida that never made it really big. They did open for some major headliners like The Pretenders in '81, though. However, I am very grateful that fate had a hand in this. Otherwise, would the film and TV industry have been graced by the acting talents of Depp? Who knows...

So I checked out tickets for tonight and tomorrow...Only $35! If I lived anywhere in Florida, I would be making a road trip this weekend for sure. But since I'm in good ol' Wisconsin, I'll be waiting for updates via the Internet! Thank God for YouTube, MySpace and Facebook! Ha ha!
How pathetic! Until then, all we have is the video from last year's benefit. Enjoy!



**********I would be remiss if I didn't mention that today is my sister's birthday. Swiss Miss, her designated blog name, is one of my three sisters and she is the one who is immediately older than me. She rocks! I love her dearly and wish her the best...even if she doesn't bother to read my blog. I think she's "Johnny'd out"!

My friend, The Naughty Monkey, is celebrating her birthday today as well. Monk, I wish you happiness and a great start to the new year. Remember "Celebrate your age in smiles, not tears. Celebrate your age in friends, not years". Hope that Smiley and I are still in your "friend circle". Miss you!

PS...I was really outdone...Check out this blog for birthday acknowledgements!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday shout out! Hope you have a wonderful final weekend of summer.