Sunday, November 23, 2008

5 in a ROW! He proves himself again today!


Football fans, come on now...tell it like it is. Brett Favre should have been a Packer this year. Did you see him out on the field today, tossing the Titans their first loss in 13 regular season games? He is still one of the best quarterbacks EVER!

I know that it's too early to wag my finger at Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and say I told you so....but I TOLD YOU SO!!! How could so many people lose faith in Brett?
Now, understand, I am no fickle fan. I have a classroom wall adorned with Packer posters, memorabilia and autographs that I have been collecting my whole life. I am NOT turning on the PACKERS! I still faithfully watch and root them on, even though I cringe when I watch Rodgers. I am still a Packer's Fanatic. However, last March, and later this summer when this whole brew-ha-ha heated up, I remained by Brett's side. I bought my Jet's tee shirt with #4 on it and a pennant for my son's room. It is posted along side Favre in a Packer uniform.

He is one of the GREATS....don't people see that? I think the NY Jet's fans do now. And Brett still has a supporter in Terry Bradshaw....Take a look at what he had to say last week before the Packer game....




I love how Jimmy Johnson shut up Howie Long by overpowering him at the end.

I know that this is an emotional topic, nearly as heated as the Obama/McCain debates, but has obviously less of an effect on our country's well-being! However, I just needed to let Ted and Mike know that I don't agree with their decision this year. And I guess I couldn't resist the "I told you so!" I know the Super Bowl
is months away, and in no way am I prepared to predict its competitors...but as a loyal Packer Fan, I am saddened to say that I think the Jets have a much better chance than the Packers ever will this year...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a sports fan- but I completely agree. Brett Favre earned the right to change his mind and should have been welcomed back with open arms. He made the Packers of the modern era who they are and should have been afforded the option to play. I hope the Jets WIN the SuperBowl,just to Farve gets the blaze of glory he deserved.

shakenbsis said...

Hiya Peg!

Believe it or not, I have no opinion whatsover on the Rodgers/Favre saga! ;)

Hope you have a great day chica!

Blaznfire911 said...

I can't do it...I just can't do it....I will always be a packers fan.....but I am not totally sure who is to blame for the whole mess. It devestated a lot of people to watch Brett play for another team. I think it is something that fans will never forget...and perhaps never forgive.

Happy Thanksgiving Peg!

lawgirl said...

Hi Peg. I hope you are doing well. I am a Brett fan, too. I feel like the Packers pushed him to make a decision before he was ready. And you can't blame a guy for changing his mind. I change mine 10 times a day. I think he loves the game and just had to play. I will always be a Packer fan first, but I am also rooting for the Jets. I always liked them anyway.