Friday, June 20, 2008

Public Enemies


I found this pic on one of the Johnny Depp sites that I peruse through and thought it was awesome! I think it's someone's avatar for Johnny Depp Reads. I don't mean to steal, and will give credit when I find out...

Anyhow, I really miss the PE hunt. There are several of the readers on PEC who have gone to Chicago/Statesville prison shoots and saw nothing, but then I got an email from Becky. She said she got home at 4:30 am this morning after having met JD. How psyched she was...I miss that adrenaline!

I'm not a stalker...I'm not a "fangirl". I am really very intrigued with the whole process and that places we all know and are familiar with are a part of an $80 million movie by Michael Mann! Of course, getting to meet Johnny is by far a wonderful benefit.

I tried to explain this to one of my "non-PE" sisters yesterday. I'll refer to her as 'Artsy'. She couldn't understand my obsession with PE and why someone would want to meet JD more than once. My partner in crime sister, Stargazer, is the one who got me into all of this, and we have become fodder for laughter and ridicule by our family regarding our pursuits. In fact, my own mother said that I wasn't like "normal people" the other night at dinner...(Since then she has retracted her statement and feels terribly guilty...We are Catholic, you know...)

Anyhow, I digress...I showed Artsy the video of meeting JD in Milwaukee, on the unplanned m&g night and she realized how truly invested JD is in his fans. (watch it below!) She actually sat through the whole five minutes and viewed some of the pics! I, in no way, converted her, but I think she has a better understanding of why we do what we do.

I bring up this point because having talked to so many of these fans at the m&g's, I have heard that over and over again "People think I'm weird", "They don't understand why I invest so much time", blah blah blah. I don't think we need to explain ourselves to others...

This is some of my fun, my enjoyment. I don't drink or party it up at bars, I spend most of my time caring for my son and doing things for him. This is fun for me! Do I need to explain???

I will never regret the times spent in the rain, the cold, in the car traveling, etc. It has been awesome to see beautiful places like Oshkosh, Columbus, Beaver Dam, Madison, and Milwaukee transformed back into the 1930's...I have met awesome people and have started to network with people of similar interests from all over the world! (Pic of cars in Oshkosh)

And I have had some great laughs...Here's some of the funny things that occurred last week in Milwaukee.


These two young men, at around 2:30 am, bar time in Milwaukee, snuck into the PE shoot! They were sooooo unbelievably drunk and snuck up to the 9th floor where the filming occurred. They made it past three groups of security and rode up on the elevator with crew members! (How no one noticed is beyond me, because while taking this pic, I almost fell over from the fumes!) Finally, someone figured it out and Jerry brought them back down. Jerry even had a smile on his face, which surprised me!


However the police were called and you can see how humble these guys were when surrounded by the authorities!
There was one other incident that night of a drunken girl claiming she needed to go get her friend's dog and walk it. Her friend supposedly lived on the 13th floor...Ok, but there wasn't one. Drunken people don't make the best decisions!
But it sure was fun to watch!


So for those of you who are chastised by friends or family regarding your interest in PE or JD or CB or whomever, CARRY ON! We sure need plenty of energy to get us through the next year when Public Enemies is finally released!

Sorry for the long post today, but I've been M.I.A. lately...hope you made it through!

Here's the video of the meet and greet in Milwaukee. http://tinyurl.com/43vaza
Note about 2 min. in that a guy runs by and yells, "Holy shit"! I guess he didn't bank on seeing JD on his morning run. Also note how quiet and calm the crowd was. JD was so intent on giving each of us a bit of his time. He only did one autograph, and that was the little girl. At the end, he gets a pic with her and he's playing with her hair... Jerry was intent on only ONE AUTOGRAPH! Please forgive the poor video quality. I was wrangling both cameras! Enjoy!

25 comments:

shakenbsis said...

Hi Peg! I couldn't find the video! LOVED your funny stories though ;)

Cybermom said...

I posted this info, but now I'm editing the post by adding the video.
So far it has taken 26 minutes! I don't know if it's frozen, or do I just have to be patient???

shakenbsis said...

I think video can take quite some time... never tried with Blogger though, I think I'd wait it out some more ; )

Cybermom said...

Will do! Thanks...Got no response from PEC about the video...you'd think someone would know!

Suz said...

Just to be sure (not insulting your intelligence), I'm pretty sure you have to upload your video to a photobucket or youtube type site and link from there. I'm quite sure you cannot just upload directly from your computer to blogger. I am NOT 100% on that though.

I really want to see the video!! :)

Cybermom said...

No, you're not insulting my intelligence! I just went to the help section and my video has to be an accepted format *(which it was) but also less than 100 mb *(which it wasn't!)
I'm editing it and will get it up soon!!!

Suz said...

Whew! ;)

Hey-I just read your profile. We are the same age. Aaaaand, I am English teacher who is not using her teaching certificate!

I hope we meet up sometime! :) We seem to have some similarities that may go beyond our age and English teacher-isms....

Anonymous said...

Hey Peg
Great posting. I really enjoyed revisiting all the neat things that we gave shared since April. I miss the hunt too.

I am so glad that you and Artsy spent time together. Sure would love to have her understand where we are coming from. Just not gonna happen.

Hope you guys have a great weekend. I am working, off on Monday.

Keep in touch
Your P in C Sis

Stargazer

Cybermom said...

I am working on the video. It was over 1 GB and I had to even cut in down a bit to fit on youtube.
I started uploading it to youtube at 7am and it's only halfway done. I'll get the url to everyone tonight...Aarrghhhh!

Cybermom said...

http://tinyurl.com/43vaza

I finally got the video up and running on Youtube...enjoy!

Christine said...

I just saw your video! that is fantastic. Would you mind posting a link on www.johnnydeppreads.com? I know they would love to see it.

Johnny is such a sweetheart and the bit of conversation you had with him is so sweet. I also like the part with him playing with the person's ponytail...he is so natural. It's so Fine!! :)

Christine

Thanks again.

Cybermom said...

Hi Christine,
I don't mind posting it, but what thread do you think it would best fit? Is there a meet and greet section or should I put it under Milwaukee?

Christine said...

You could put it under today's news. Start your own topic with the video. If it's not at the right place one of the mods or Karen will move it to where it should be.

Everyone there, including Karen and the mods will be very thrilled to see it!! :)

Thank you.

Cybermom said...

I haven't registered yet to post there, so it may take a while. Thanks for the comments, Christine! I'll be sure to put it up there soon!

Peg

Christine said...

watching the video again, I can see it was a little girl's ponytail he messed with. He is so amazing!!

Christine said...

no problem and thank you.

Cybermom said...

Could you hear what he said to her? "I hope I don't break the camera!" He was doing whatever he could to get her to smile, both with the autograph and with the pic...She was sooooo sleepy. Her mom woke her up to come to the m&g!

He is truly an amazing person!

Christine said...

yes, i did hear him say that. it was so cute. what time was it? (i missed reading that)

btw ~ i've never had the opportunity to meet him, so your story and video is almost as good as me meeting him.

Cybermom said...

Christine, maybe you could help me post it there. I can't seem to get on. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it keeps showing an error.

Feel free to copy the url and post for me. Just please credit the source.

Let me know if you did it or not. You could just put my blog on the site if you wish, and they can get it from here. I don't really care either way.

Thanks
Peg

Christine said...

okay, I will post your blog and I will definitely give you credit.

Not sure why you are getting an error. If it continues and you still want to join I would contact Karen or Donna(herenotthere) and they should be able to help you.

Thanks for letting me link your site to JDR.

Christine said...

okay. it's posted. Thank you. :)

Cybermom said...

Thanks for doing that for me Christine. I think I'll have to contact one of them because I couldn't even reply to your post.
Still an error message. Oh well, maybe soon!
Glad you enjoyed the Summer post.
I love the internet! You can learn so much! Whatever did we do without it?

Peg

Osh said...

that was a really sweet video!

Blaznfire911 said...

I CAN"T BELIEVE I MISSED THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so mad at myself for not staying longer! UGH! It was a blast anyway though! I am glad you got to share that time with JD!

I'm Jealous! I was sad for him today when I met him in Chicago. All those people were like vulchers or something. It was teh first time that I felt I shouldn't be there. So it might take a bit of convincing to get me to go again LOL

shakenbsis said...

OH Peg!
Thanks so much for sticking it out and taking the time to share this with us, how wonderful!!!!!

makes my heart swell...