Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So....this is blogging, huh?

I finally did it. I started my blog. Lately, I have been totally hooked on reading about the lives of others and what they are interested in. So I thought, "Why not?". I came up with several reasons why not, so I did it any how. Kinda the story of my life. I want to first thank Monkey Girl who started me on the idea of reading blogs, and 'jonesin' for the next story, article, or hilarious post. Then, she gave up blogging for guitar lessons and knitting school...so much for that. I was lost!

Then came the filming of "Public Enemies" in Wisconsin. I became intrigued with Grinder's Public Enemies in Columbus blog and to this day, read it and about five others religiously. You could say I was a gawker for some time, not wanting to post. But then I did, and waited to be "included" or "blogged to". At times I even had "poor blog esteem", posting and getting no response. You know, like not being acknowledged by the cool kids in school. It hurt. I have things to say. I would say them too. Then I realized, there is no inflection in blogging..."did she really mean that?" people might ask. CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND SARCASM??? So once I got over the fact that sometimes people may err in blogging, I knew it was for me! ha ha. Actually, my most recently acquired friend through blogging, Vicky, has a great site and now that I have met her in person, I know that this blogging stuff is a great way to meet wonderful human beings!

Anyhow, so I was inspired. I don't know how long this will last, but as an educator, especially in English, I know writing is cathartic; I can share my thoughts with others and hopefully feel better about life...or so I hope!
So, it may not be stellar stuff, and don't judge my grammar... and I in turn will not judge yours! And let's have fun. Let's chat and enjoy cyberlife :)

13 comments:

Blaznfire911 said...

Awwwww thanks Peg for your kind words! It was so nice to meet you in Milwaukee. I had so much fun!!! I am sad that our Public Enemies ride is nearing an end.

Hopefully when the movie comes out we can all go, and share it together!! I don't know about you, but I am TOTALLY dressing up! LOL

Welcome to the blogging world, and I will ALWAYS be here to read your posts!

vicky

Working Slob said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I'm addicted!! Sad I couldn't meet you in Milwaukee but I hope to soon!!

It is fun to read other people's stuff and feel comfortable putting yourself out there.

shakenbsis said...

I LOVE your first post and have felt soo many of the things you speak of here!!! OMG!
I can't wait toreally meet you one of these days Peg, but until then, I will get to know you bit by bit as you dare to share!
Thanks!!!

Osh said...

I find that when I type with my boobs, the sarcasm infelction is much clearer.

WELCOME!

stargazer said...

Hey Peg,
Love the pic of Big Musky. One of our favorite spots in the whole world. Sure brings back lots of great memories for our family.

Well, now you have your own site and I will have to try and remember to check you blog often.

This is great, because I am now aquainted with some of your first bloggers here.

Hi to blaznfire911, this is Sue, Peg's sister. Loved your pics from when you saw JD in Milwaukee. You guys were brave to withstand all the storms. But well worth it.

Peg
Congrats on your blog and will keep in touch.

Your P in C
Stargazer :)

~Minxie~ said...

Peg!!!! Welcome to the world of blogging.... fair warning....
ITS ADDICTIVE! :)
Maybe we should start a new blog ...
"Bloggers Anonymous!" LOL....

Seriously, I am glad you have started!!! Keep it going... you are off to a great start!!!

Cybermom said...

You guys are soooo awesome! Thanks for the comments!

Vicky, again, I am so glad that we got to hang a few times in Milw. and I think we should all go to the premiere in 30's garb...how cool would that be?? You are a true friend!

Shakes, I can't wait to meet you for real this time...maybe I could see your machete, too. You know, since the whole world has now seen you getting JD's autograph! LMAO

Osh and Minxie, I know my posts won't be nearly as entertaining as yours have been, but thanks for checking this one out! You two have also inspired me to start!

Rachel, are you really a judge or is that just your name? We may need to do some chatting and comparing notes...

And Stargazer, you have made this whole mess possible! I remember in March when you were talking about taking a week off of work to go watch the filming. I thought "She's nuts!" Ok, so now I'm nuts too. This has been a wild ride and I'm so glad to be doing the PE thing together! You rock, P in C!

Love ya all!!
Peg

Blaznfire911 said...

Hee hee!! i stole some of your pics for my blog Peg...I hope that is ok. I grabbed them from Minxie's site!

We really need to get together soon! I miss hagning out with you!

Hello Stargazer! I saw your comment on my blog...I just haven't had a chance to reply yet!

WE ARE FAMOUS NOW! LMAO

vicky

Cybermom said...

Vicky,
as long as you tell me when you steal them!! haha
I'll have to burn a cd for you of my pics. Then you can use what you want!

Anonymous said...

Wow- look at you- ruling the blogosphere with 9 comments on your first entry. Look out mommy-bloggers, there is a new cowgirl in town!

Working Slob said...

No.. I'm just Mrs Jerry Judge :) hahaha.. in my head.

Shoot me an email and come join that fun at my crazy blogworld... I have it on private but I will hook ya up.

raetherese@hotmail.com

Vickie said...

Welcome to the blog world Peg! Careful, or you find yourself addicted! Congratulations on taking that first step. The first post is always the scariest!

Like Rachel, I'm bummed mother nature prevented me from coming down to Milwaukee, but we will all have to remedy that soon!

Blaznfire911 said...

I am telling you right now....I stole them LMAO