Thursday, July 17, 2008

Where are my shoes???

Last weekend, I stopped by my friend Smiley's house to let out her precious adorable dog. Having been dog-deficient for the past 4 years, it's great to play with someone else's dog, especially for my son. We stayed about an hour after he was de-peed and de-pooped, and just a little tuckered out...YOU have a 6 year old chasing you all the time...It's tiring!

So anyhow, Ty and I left the pup and went on with our business. Smiley calls me a couple days later and asks if I was missing a pair of shoes. (When I go into her house, I always pop off my shoes in the foyer...a gesture of respect for beautiful homes. Well heck, I pop off my shoes whenever I can in the summer!) My favorite black Skecher sandals with the shiny S on them were gone! I left them at her house.

When I picked them up from her tonight, we discussed this strange occurrence. Mind you, I could understand it if a little tyke like my boy forgot his shoes, it would be understandable. But a grown woman? So this means I hopped into my car, drove home 1o miles and walked into my own home, never missing the soft cushiony pleasure of my Skechers. WHAT??? Did I really do that? I often keep extra shoes (and a plethora of other junk) in my car for emergencies...Did I slip them on? I don't remember!

If ya know me well enough, you'll know I say that "Heck, I was born barefoot!" when others comment on my lack of footwear at times. I guess that's how comfortable I am, especially during the summer. (Ok, that doesn't mean I leave my house in the winter without proper attire! I may leave without socks, but not shoes!)

I guess I realized that at 42, brain cells die. You know, the ones to tell you when you are not properly attired! So promise me this, if by chance you meet me on the street somewhere, and I am barefoot, (or missing any other article of clothing for that matter), please ask me "WHERE ARE YOUR SHOES?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you love being barefooted, yet you are able to keep your feet off a keyboard........ curious

Cybermom said...

Well, I could never have done it as well as Feet 1 and Feet 2! Ahh, such fond memories! Don't ya just miss that???

shakenbsis said...

AAHhhhh...

You make me feel not so alone in the world! ;)

Osh said...

*whistles*