Thursday, July 24, 2008

Countdown to....


This is it! In a day and a half, I will be heading outta town! I am so excited!!! (Oh, and if you didn't notice by now, I love the exclamation point!!) Anyhow, this is my first real vacation with my son. He has never flown before and I will be with him 24/7 for the whole week! Hello, Resort? Do you supply Rum by the gallon?? hee hee!

He also can't wait. I'm trying not to pump him up too much, hence the anxiety nausea...etc. No need to have a yacking kid all the way to FLORIDA! And then some! We have lots of fun plans that I hope will not be spoiled by any hurricane activity...snorkeling, fishing, and most importantly, swimming with the dolphins. No Disney this time around, but I said we'd do the dolphin thing in Miami. Looks like the sea aquarium there is similar to Sea World, as far as the shows are concerned (Don't know if they have rides, don't really care. We want to see SHARKS!)

I also plan on sitting by the pool and ocean, with nothing but a good book (Public Enemies, of course). I have come to the realization that this will not be like any of my other pre-child vacations; I can't just lay in the hot sun, fall asleep, and wake up when I'm crispy brown. I'm sure I'll be with the boy, playing in the pool and having fun. Heck, that's what it's all about anyhow!

I plan on bringing my laptop for uploading pics, but not sure if I'll have Internet access. That will be harder for me than anything...I've grown quite accustomed to reading blogs and surfing the net! My butt is big enough to prove that one! ha ha! Boy, rough time for me to be away with Packers Training Camp starting next week, too! And especially with all of the Brett stuff still up in the air...I expect someone to at least text me to keep me up to speed....

I hope everyone has an awesome last week of July, and I'll be back online after the 3rd, Packer Family Night! What a way to celebrate my birthday! Woo hoo...

If any of you have advice for traveling with kids on an airplane, feel free to share! I'm a newbie at that!

Adios!

9 comments:

lawgirl said...

Have a great trip!!!!! I love exclamation points, too. They even did a Seinfeld episode about them. But I think they have done a Seinfeld episode about everything.

Swimming with the dolphins sounds like so much fun. You'll both love it.

I have never traveled with a child on a plane, except when I was one. But I would say make sure you bring plenty of activities for him. You can bring movies and watch them on your computer, although when I tried that last month the sound of the plane was so loud I couldn't hear the movie.

Bring snacks, too. Some flights don't even offer them anymore.

Will be looking forward to pics!!

Cybermom said...

Thanks Lawgirl,

I bought him 4 new magazines and books, put some audio books on my mp3 player, and have the dvds put in the laptop bag already! Oh yeah, and the gum! I sure hope he's ok
with the pressure/turbulence.

Don't think you remember much from when you were one, huh? Can't imagine traveling with a baby, but I have several friends who have done so.

Thanks for the well wishes and will be in touch soon! ;)

shakenbsis said...

Have a wonderful time Peg, you deserve it!!!!!!!!

I missed that particular Seinfeld episode Lawgirl, thought I'd seen 'em all!!!

Cybermom said...

Thanks Shakes, I appreciate that!

Another new profile pic? You are rockin' girl!

Cya

Blaznfire911 said...

Have a WONDERFUL time! I hope you get to see some sharks! I forgot where youa re going, but if it is anywhere near Sarasota, you need to go to the MArine Mote Aquarium and research center! It is pretty neat!

Blaznfire911 said...

WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK??????

I miss talking to you!

Anonymous said...

Please post- I am dying to hear your thoughts on the Favre situation

Cybermom said...

Really? You want to hear how truly depressed I am that he's not a Packer??? Actually I am happy that he will be playing where the organization respects who he is, unlike our three stooges.

I have been so busy teaching this week and I'll be gone until Monday to Little Bo near Manitowish, so I won't post til then. I'm sure you'll be inundated with all sorts of garbage after that!

Thanks for the encouragement Monkey. Hope to talk soon :)

Blaznfire911 said...

I am off to the Packer Game tonight! I can't wait to see Aaron Rogers play!

Hope I will hear from you soon !!